September 22, 2010

Creamy Mashed Cauliflower

Are you trying to eat low carb but love mashed potatoes or would you like to incorporate more veggies in your or your families diet? Here is a great recipe for Creamy Mashed Cauliflower, it tastes like mashed potatoes and you can flavor them any way you want!!!!

Recipe for 2:
  • Head of cauliflower 
  • 1/4 - 1/3 sour cream 
  • 1 - 2 tbsp butter 
  • salt and pepper to taste 
  • shredded cheddar (optional) 
  • tsp garlic powder (optional) 
  1. Cook the cauliflower until soft (I like to steam it in my electric steamer for 20-25 mins) 
  2. Once the cauliflower is cooked, add it to a food processor with the butter, sour cream, spices and cheese (if you want them to be cheesy) and blend until smooth! 
  3. Now serve and enjoy! I like to top it with shredded cheese and chives! 

We has this tonight for dinner and my husband said he wouldn't have know if were made from cauliflower if he hadn't helped me cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment